Making Dreams Come True!
AEF brought art, music, technology, literature and more to hundreds of students in Arlington this year through our ongoing classroom mini-grant program. Twice yearly, teachers can apply for grants of $500 (individual teachers) to $1200 (teams) for special projects for their classrooms and schools. A few highlights include: a new digital piano for all students at Pioneer Elementary School, digital microscopes to Post Middle School and supplies for Weston High School to host their own art show!
This year AEF awarded $6,449.24 to teachers across the district. Our goal is to double that amount in 2017!
AEF also surveyed teachers district wide to find our what their needs, wants, and dreams for their classrooms are. We hope to make more dreams come true in 2017.
Teachers: Look for AEF Mini Grant Applications in the spring!
Congratulations to the recipients of our 2016 Fall Classroom Mini Grants:
- Fidgets for Kids- $500 to Jennifer Aribibola, Presidents Elementary
- Wiggle Seats- $496 to Adele Barborinas at Presidents Elementary
- Historical Fiction Sets- $932 the 8th Grade English Language Arts Team at Post Middle
- Digital Microscopes- $1250 to the Science Department at Post Middle
- Art supplies- $436 to Audrey Johnson at Weston High
- Digital Piano- $1100 to Laurie Swanson at Pioneer Elementary
- Next-Gen Tech- $500 to Sarah Cofer at Pioneer Elementary
- Flexibility and Choice- $234 to Charlotte Burnham at Eagle Creek Elementary
- Hokki Stools- $500 to Tammie Duskin at Haller Middle
- Insta-Learn- $500 to Tammy Wittenburg at Presidents Elementary